Treatment Areas and Competencies
Approach to Therapy
I hold that each person is uniquely suited to be the expert of themselves. As such, you can expect me to respect you and truly work with you in collaboration. It is an honor to be part of that collaborative journey. My goal as a therapist is to support your growth until you no longer need or desire that support.
Some people hesitate to go to therapy because of the shame they feel regarding their struggle. Perhaps they think their issue is too severe, too taboo, or simply too illogical. My experience with counseling has taught me that everything you feel and experience ultimately makes sense even if it is maladaptive; uncovering the “why” naturally brings insight and opportunity for growth and, ultimately, change to a better way of being.
Treatment Modalities and Theoretical Orientations
Education, Licenses and Certifications
- BA in Psychology and Bible at Columbia International University
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Wheaton College
- Licensed Professional Counselor Canidate (LPPC)
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Eye Movement, Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)